Siana Springs Camp
Siana Springs Camp
Tel: +254 (020) 4446651
Fax: +254 (020) 4446600 / 4446533
Situated at the base of the Ngama Hills, on the eastern edge of the Maasai Mara Reserve, Siana Springs occupies a lush forest watered by the largest natural springs in the Mara ecosystem—the Siana or the "plentiful" springs in Maa. The camp’s location in the heart of the Siana Group Ranch offers guests unique opportunities for thrilling walking safaris, night drives and fly-camping along the seasonal streams beneath the Ngama Hills.
This special tented camp offers 38 spacious tents situated in three secluded ‘wings’: the Bamboo Wing, surrounded by bamboo groves and flowering ornamental trees near the main camp; the Palm Wing, overlooking a series of springs, lily-clad ponds and lush indigenous forest; and the Acacia Wing, which occupies more open acacia woodland rich in birdlife on the camp boundary. The tents boast the very latest in modern camping, with large single or double beds, personal closets and writing desks, and en suite bathrooms with flush toilets and steaming hot showers.
Siana Springs is centred around a large dining area with a beautiful open-air terrace that looks out across the camp’s lush lawns to the open plains of Africa beyond. While the dining room has a large seating capacity, most guests prefer to take their meals outside, where they can watch Siana’s famously fearless bushbucks, vervet monkeys and tree hyraxes during the day and genet cats and mongooses at night. Dancing and singing performances by the local Maasai are normally held on this terrace. There is also a spacious bar and comfortable lounge area, a conference tent with modern business facilities, and a boutique selling local handicrafts and safari essentials. In the middle of the forest, a beautiful swimming pool offers a soothing respite from the heat of the day.
In keeping with the ‘green movement’ of Kenyan tourism, Siana Springs endeavors to uphold the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. The camp enjoys close ties with its Maasai landlords, who make up more than 50 percent of its workforce. The Nkoilale Primary School and Empompongi Secondary School were built with support from Siana, which is also supporting the development of the community-run Siana Conservancy to protect the area’s rich game and limit degradation by livestock. The camp itself is run on strict eco-principles, with water heating fuelled by coffee-husk briquettes, biodegradable waste mulched for compost, and all wastewater recycled through the camp’s large constructed wetland system.
- 38 spacious tents spread amid woodlands and ponds
- Large beds and classic furnishings
- Modern en suite bathrooms with hot showers
- Secluded verandas with all-day bar service
- Large dining room and open-air dining terrace
- Open-air dining terrace with nightly campfires
- Freeform swimming pool & sunbathing terrace
- Custom-built four-wheel-drive safari vehicles
- Reliable 240-volt generator electricity supply
- Safety deposit facilities for guests’ valuables
- Board games and guests’ reference library
- Boutique with souvenirs and safari essentials
- Exciting Adventure Center for children
- In-tent service for snacks and beverages
- Telephone, e-mail, fax and postal services
- Laundry and valet services
- Swedish massage
- Medical officer available 24 hours