Join the Friendly Planet Team
At Friendly Planet, personal service matters and is the secret sauce that sets us apart from other travel companies. Our travel specialists answer calls, provide the information about our travel programs and guide travelers through the process, from start to finish. And they do it all with a smile and a heap of patience.
We have an opening on our Travel Specialist team for a good collaborator, with a friendly, cheerful outlook, excellent organizational skills, and experience in inside sales. Travel agent experience is preferred, and a love of travel is essential.
Responsibilities and required qualifications for the position include:
- Two years or more experience as a travel agent is preferred
- Travel sales/customer service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency (including Word, Excel)
- Creative problem solver
- Enjoy collaborating with a team
- Knowledge of Amadeus a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field a plus
The position is full-time, 9:30AM-6PM, Monday through Friday. We are located inJenkintown, Pennsylvania, directly across from the Jenkintown train station, and we are an easy commute by car from most of greater Philadelphia. Ours is a hybrid work environment, with three days in our Jenkintown office and two days remote work.
We offer a career opportunity with space to grow, where your creativity and energy are appreciated and rewarded. You'll find our warm, friendly, and supportive staff and informal atmosphere a great place to build your career. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and plenty of travel opportunities.
Groups Department Manager
We are seeking a good team player with a positive attitude, friendly demeanor, a successful closer when competing for business, with excellent organizational skills in order to meet deadlines and manage multiple groups to multiple destinations simultaneously.
The candidate must have minimum of 2 years in the travel industry, preferably selling and operating groups.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of custom group programs including the following:
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Speak with group leaders and participants, answer questions and provide information
- Solve problems creatively and with attention to detail
- Computer proficiency (including Word, Excel & Amadeus)
- Manage and monitor project budgets to ensure the maximization of profitability
- Comply with group air and land deadlines as required
- Manage daily group operations and final tour reconciliation
The travel agent position is full-time, 9:30AM-6PM, no exceptions. We are in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, directly across from the Jenkintown train station and bus transportation is readily available. Our location is an easy commute by car from most of greater Philadelphia.
We are presently working on a hybrid system, with 3 days in our office and 2 days remote. We offer a career opportunity with plenty of space to grow, where your creativity and energy are appreciated and rewarded. You will find our warm, friendly, and supportive staff and informal atmosphere a great place to build your career. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and plenty of travel opportunities.