A Taste of Ireland: St. Patrick's Day
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Dublin, then tour the Ring of Kerry, Killarney, the spectacular Cliffs of Moher, Limerick and Galway
|Style||Value VacationTravel in larger groups than our Small Group tours, but at fantastic value prices. These group tour packages are operated by our carefully selected partners and may be shared with other English speaking passengers ensuring guaranteed departures. More of these packages
Dedicated tour escorts & guides throughout
|Departures||Group Size||29 travelers max|
|Themes||History & Culture, Festivals|
|What to Expect||This moderately-paced, escorted tour includes a reasonable amount of walking or hiking and requires an average level of physical fitness. Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols.|
|Already booked?||Find everything you need to know before you go, including information about passport & visa requirements, flights, luggage, and more.|
Get updates about this package
Just about everyone can find something to love about Ireland, from its stunning emerald green countryside, to its friendly helpful people, to its ancient castles and cozy pubs, and so much more. Join us on our special 9-Day Taste of Ireland with St. Patrick's Day tour and discover why it's one of the world's most visited destinations. Your tour includes two additional days in Dublin for St. Patrick's Day, where you'll have the opportunity to join the locals at the St. Patrick's Day Festival Parade, or sample any of the various street festivals and local pubs. Then after your celebratory time in Dublin, you're still in for more Irish highlights as you visit Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, Limerick and Galway. And you'll even get to kiss the Blarney Stone for good luck!
- Round-trip flights from JFK or Newark (EWR) to Dublin, including taxes & fees
- All ground transportation and transfers
- Accommodations in Tourist Class hotels
- 7 Meals: Irish breakfast daily
- Comprehensive touring program including entrance fees
- Professional, English-speaking driver/guide
Why you'll love it
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Dublin! Join the locals and watch the St. Patrick's Day Festival Parade, and also take in the many different street festivals and local pubs.
- Kiss the Blarney Stone and gain the gift of eloquence.
- Enjoy magnificent views of mountains, bogs and lakes as you pass through the Ring of Kerry.
- Ride by pony and trap though scenic Killarney National Park, Ireland's first national park.
- Gaze out over the mighty Cliffs of Moher for a magnificent view of the Aran Islands.
- Tour the Burren, a historically rich region full of castles and monastic ruins.
- Spend some free time at charming boutiques, delightful restaurants and bustling pubs in Galway.
- Explore Dublin's highlights independently with an included hop-on, hop-off bus tour voucher.
Day 1 Depart USA/Overnight Flight
- Depart the USA on your overnight flight for Dublin
Day 2 Dublin
- Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to your hotel
- Balance of the day at leisure
- Take advantage of included vouchers for a one day hop-on, hop-off bus tour and pint of GuinnessFull Day Itinerary
Upon arrival in Dublin, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Most flights arrive early in the morning, but your hotel will allow you to safely store your luggage while you explore the city on your own. Today is yours at leisure to discover Dublin independently. Make your way to one of its most famous sights and continue exploring the city at your own pace with an included hop-on, hop-off bus tour voucher (valid for 1 day), visiting a number of Dublin's sightseeing highlights. If by the end of the day the touring has left you feeling parched, stop by a traditional Irish pub for a complimentary pint of Guinness, courtesy of Friendly Planet.
Day 3 St. Patrick's Day in Dublin
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in DublinFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel at your leisure. Today, celebrate St. Patrick's Day, the religious feast day of Ireland's patron saint. Join the people of Dublin to watch the St. Patrick's Day Festival Parade, also take in the many different street festivals and local pubs, or visit the Irish Craft Beer & Food Market.
Day 4 Ireland's Midlands, Blarney Castle & Kerry
- Visit Blarney Castle and kiss the Blarney Stone
- Time for shopping at Blarney Woolen Mills
Randles Hotel Killarney BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Today, you will board your touring coach, depart Ireland's capital and travel to County Kerry. En route, stop in the town of Blarney for a visit to Blarney Castle. Dating from 1446, the castle is a tower house built on solid limestone. At the top of the tower you will find the legendary Stone of Eloquence (Blarney Stone). Kiss it and you will never again be lost for words.
Enjoy some time for shopping at Blarney Woolen Mills. The existence of the Woolen Mills during the famine shielded Blarney from the worst effects of the great famine, due to its employment of local workers. The success story at the mills continued until a disastrous fire in 1869. By August 1871, the mill was once again operational with a labor force of over 200 and in 1976 Chris Kelleher, himself a mill worker, bought the old mill property. Within a short period of time Chris and his family transformed the mill into what is perhaps the largest quality craft shop in Ireland.
Continue through Ireland's Midlands to your hotel in the Kerry region.
Day 5 Ring of Kerry
- Tour the Iveragh Peninsula
- Enjoy a jaunting car ride through Killarney National Park
Randles Hotel Killarney or similar BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Today you can enjoy a superb tour of the Iveragh Peninsula, which will give you the opportunity to discover the Ring of Kerry, taking in the spectacular scenery: mountains, peat bogs, lakes and magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean. Leaving Killarney, pass through Killorglin, famous for its Puck Fair and Glenbeigh, where the cliff road affords panoramic views of the Dingle Peninsula and Dingle Bay. Passing through the peat bogs, arrive at the sea town of Waterville. Continue to Sneem Village, famous because of its brightly colored houses. The road continues through the mountains to Moll's Gap and Ladies View with superb views of the famous Lakes of Killarney.
Next, enjoy a ride through Killarney National Park by pony and trap, also known as a jaunting car, to discover areas of the park that you might not otherwise visit by foot. Relax aboard the jaunting car as your jarvey (driver) takes you through the magnificent scenery of Ireland's first National Park.
This evening enjoy dinner on your own in one of the many restaurants or pubs in Killarney town.
Day 6 Burren & the Cliffs of Moher
- Take a short ferry ride across the mouth of the river Shannon
- Explore the Cliffs of Moher and the Atlantic Edge Interpretive Center
- Tour the Burren Region
George Hotel BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Travel northwards to Tarbert and take a short boat ride across the mouth of the river Shannon, landing on Clare's shore at Killimer. Travel along the coast to the Cliffs of Moher. The most majestic cliffs in Ireland, the Cliffs of Moher rise 700 feet above the Atlantic Ocean and extend over four miles in length. On a clear day, you can admire the Aran Islands, the Connemara Mountains and the many sea birds that colonize this place to nest in spring. Visit the Atlantic Edge Interpretive Center built into the natural landscape. The center is a huge domed cave that contains various exhibits showcasing the mighty Cliffs of Moher.
Later enjoy a tour of the Burren Region, a strange and unique region in Europe. "Burren" means "large stones", an apt description for this impressive scenery. Often described as lunar, the Burren is a high plateau of porous limestone situated in Northern Clare, between Ballyvaughan and Kilfenora. No trees grow here and no soil covers the stone, but the Burren is not deserted, as different types of flowers grow from the cracks all year round. The Burren Region is also historically rich, with many castles and monastic ruins.
Continue to Limerick and check into your hotel. Enjoy the balance of the day at leisure.Optional Excursion: Medieval Banquet at Bunratty Castle, $75
Day 7 Galway & Dublin
- Visit Galway for independent exploration or shoppingFull Day Itinerary
After breakfast, travel from Limerick to Dublin. Along the way, visit Galway, a delightful city of narrow streets, old stone and wooden shopfronts, good restaurants and busy pubs. The city has attracted a bohemian crowd of musicians and artists, who add much to its character. Enjoy some free time in the city for independent sightseeing or shopping.
Continue to Dublin and check into your hotel.
Day 8 Dublin
- Full day at leisureFull Day Itinerary
Day 9 Dublin/USA
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight to the USA.
The Academy Plaza Hotel is located in the center of historic Dublin. This modern seven-story hotel is just a short walk from shopping, Temple Bar, Trinity College, St. Stephen's Green, galleries and other famous city sights.
Located in the heart of Dublin, in a historic building close to places of interest like Trinity College and Temple Bar, the Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham is an ideal base for any exploration of the Irish capital. The hotel features a 24-hour fitness center.
With panoramic views of the Kerry Mountains, the Randles Hotel Killarney is ideally situated just a few minutes' walk from Killarney town center. Famous for its Irish hospitality, guests will enjoy the comfort and elegance of an era long since passed complemented by the most modern of facilities.For a bit of relaxation, a visit to the Zen Day Spa is an absolute must. Featuring Aurora Organic products, it is the ultimate spa experience. Visit the Club Slante Leisure Center for an invigorating dip in the pool or relax in the steam room or sauna.
The George Hotel is conveniently located in Limerick city center, close to shopping and entertainment. The George Hotel boasts an eclectic mix of contemporary style and comfort in a premier central location.
In the unlikely event that a particular hotel is not available, a similar or better hotel may be substituted.
Reviews & Photos
We love hearing your stories and seeing your photos! Here are some moments other travelers captured on this package. Or check out our entire fan photo gallery.
- What should I know before I go? We've compiled a comprehensive checklist, including information on how to pay your balance due, flights & transfers, packing & luggage, and more.
- Do I need a visa or other documents? Are there any entry requirements? Please review the visa & entry requirements.
- Can I make changes to my trip? Want to upgrade your seats? Depart from another city? Stay a few extra days? Something else? Just ask!
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 18 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at time of travel.
- Should I purchase travel insurance? Yes! We recommend you purchase travel insurance to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer a plan provided by Travelex Insurance Services.
- What's the fine print? Review the terms & conditions for this package.
- What should I know about Ireland? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
- Common Questions Answers to our travelers' most frequently asked questions.