Discover the Bay of Fundy
Experience the most diverse tidal environment in the world and explore Canada’s East Coast including Saint John, St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Fundy National Park, whale watching & more!
|Value VacationTravel in larger groups than our Small Group tours, but at fantastic value prices. These group tour packages are operated by our carefully selected partners and may be shared with other English speaking passengers ensuring guaranteed departures. More of these packages
Dedicated tour escorts & guides throughout
|June – September 2024
|24 travelers max
|History & Culture, Bucket List, Nature & Wildlife
|What to Expect
|Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols.
|Find everything you need to know before you go, including information about passport & visa requirements, flights, luggage, and more.
Check prices & book now
Get updates about this package
Nestled between Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada’s Bay of Fundy is home to the highest tides in the world, waiting to be explored by the curious traveler. Witness ancient rock history, from the formations sculpted by the tides at Hopewell Rocks to the world’s most complete fossil record of life at the Joggins Fossil Cliffs. Travel to New Brunswick’s southern coast to the city of Saint John, and marvel at the unique reversing rapids at Reversing Falls. Let the coastal town of St. Andrews by-the-Sea captivate you with its charm before keeping an eye out for an array of whale species during a whale watching experience. Throughout your journey, learn about the ecology and geology of the most dramatic and diverse tidal environment on the planet and experience Maritime history, culture, hospitality, and cuisine on this adventure to Canada’s East Coast.
- All ground transportation and transfers
- 6 nights accommodations in tourist class hotels
- 11 Meals: 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Comprehensive touring program including entrance fees
- Professional, English-speaking tour director
Why you'll love it
- Explore the Bay of Fundy and learn about the world's highest tides.
- Discover exposed layers of rock revealing the world's most complete fossil record from the "Coal Age" at Joggins Fossil Cliffs.
- Marvel at the massive flower-pot shaped formations sculpted by the highest tides on the planet at the Hopewell Rocks.
- Enjoy a city tour of Saint John, including a visit to Reversing Falls, where the St. John river collides with the Bay of Fundy.
- Wander the picturesque costal town of St. Andrews by-the Sea.
- Have the chance to spot minke, finback and humpback whales during a whale watching experience.
- Embark on a ferry ride to Digby, the scallop capital of the world.
- Admire the lush and scenic Annapolis Valley where the French Acadians of Grand Pre made their first settlement in the early 1600’s.
- Savor a wine tasting during a tour of a local winery.
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices, tour only
per person, double occupancy*, including Instant Savings discounts
Starts: Tue, Jun 11, 2024
Finishes: Mon, Jun 17, 2024
Book by Thu, Mar 7, 2024 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Jun 11 – Jun 17
Starts: Tue, Jul 2, 2024
Finishes: Mon, Jul 8, 2024
Book by Thu, Mar 7, 2024 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Jul 2 – Jul 8
Starts: Tue, Jul 23, 2024
Finishes: Mon, Jul 29, 2024
Book by Thu, Mar 7, 2024 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Jul 23 – Jul 29
Starts: Tue, Aug 20, 2024
Finishes: Mon, Aug 26, 2024
Book by Thu, Mar 7, 2024 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Aug 20 – Aug 26
Starts: Tue, Sep 10, 2024
Finishes: Mon, Sep 16, 2024
Book by Thu, Mar 7, 2024 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Sep 10 – Sep 16
If you want a few extra days to explore on your own, we may be able to arrange for you to stay later than the scheduled dates, including extra hotel nights and separate airport transfers, for an additional charge. Ask us about prices and availability when (or after) you book. More information Want to extend your trip?
Options & Fees
|Discover the Bay of Fundy
So that we can offer you the best deals, our packages are, like most hotels and cruises, priced based on double occupancy rooms or cabins. We charge solo travelers an extra fee to cover the extra costs of single occupancy rooms or cabins. (Consider: if you booked a $200/night hotel room solo, you would pay the $200 yourself; but if a couple booked the same room, each one would pay only $100.) But you only pay extra for the rooms or cabins, nothing else, including meals, sightseeing, tips, etc. Why are single rooms more?
Flights & Departure Cities
This package does not include flights to the destination.
Day 1 Arrive Halifax, Canada
- Upon arrival, be met by our local representative and transferred to your hotel
- Meet your fellow travelers at your hotel
Cambridge Suites Hotel or similarFull Day Itinerary
Day 2 Halifax, Moncton
- Explore the Bay of Fundy
- Visit the Joggins Fossil Cliffs, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy a scrumptious lobster dinner aboard a lobster boat
Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown or similar Breakfast, lunch & dinnerFull Day Itinerary
Today, board your tour coach, depart Nova Scotia's capital, and travel to Moncton. En route, explore the Bay of Fundy, and learn about the world's highest tides as you meander its colorful coastline to New Brunswick. Along the way, visit the Joggins Fossil Cliffs, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will see magnificently exposed rock layers revealing the world's most complete fossil record of life in the "Coal Age" of 300 million years ago.
After crossing into New Brunswick, an unforgettable culinary experience awaits as you enjoy a delicious lobster dinner on a lobster boat.
Continue to Moncton and check into your hotel.
Day 3 Moncton to Saint John
- Explore the natural wonders of flower-pot shaped formations at Hopewell Rocks
- Tour through Fundy National Park
- Set out on a city tour of Saint John
- Visit the Reversing Falls
Hilton Saint John or similar Breakfast & lunchFull Day Itinerary
This morning, experience a true natural wonder at the Hopewell Rocks on the Bay of Fundy. Marvel at the massive flower-pot-shaped formations sculpted by 56 ft. tides, the highest on the planet.
Then, travel through Fundy National Park en route to Canada’s first incorporated city, Saint John, on the southern New Brunswick coast. Enjoy a city tour at the seaport city of Saint John, including Reversing Falls, where the St. John River collides with the Bay of Fundy, creating unique reversing rapids during high tide.
Check into your hotel. Enjoy the balance of the day at leisure.
Day 4 St. Andrews by-the-Sea Touring
- Explore the costal town of St. Andrews-by-the Sea
- Enjoy a whale watching experience at the Bay of Fundy
Hilton Saint John or similar Breakfast & lunchFull Day Itinerary
After breakfast, enjoy a day trip to the picturesque coastal town of St. Andrews by-the Sea. This quaint 18th-century British colonial settlement will captivate with its classical architecture and charm.
Later, board a boat and enjoy a whale-watching experience. You'll most likely see some minke whales but keep your eyes peeled for finback and humpback whales.
After lunch, spend the afternoon interacting with the friendly people or observing this seaside gem's beautiful architecture and rich marine life. Visit the town's boutiques, art galleries, and farmers' markets.
Day 5 Saint John to Digby
- Ferry ride across the Bay of Fundy
- Explore Digby, the scallop capital of the world
Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa or similar Breakfast & dinnerFull Day Itinerary
Today, embark on a ferry back to Nova Scotia and arrive in Digby, the scallop capital of the world, where the fresh sea air and vibrant Acadian culture combine to form an enchanting and historically rich town.
Check into the Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa overlooking the Annapolis Basin on the Bay of Fundy.
Day 6 Digby to Halifax
- Visit Annapolis Valley, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit a local winery
Cambridge Suites Hotel or similar BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Depart Digby for Halifax and set out on a panoramic tour to discover the lush and scenic Annapolis Valley, where the French Acadians of Grand Pre made their first settlement in the early 1600s. Learn about this landscape’s designation as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as a fact and fiction blend to reveal the romance of the Land of Evangeline.
Continue through the valley and stop at a local winery for a tour and tasting before returning to your hotel in Halifax.
Day 7 Depart Halifax
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight to the USA
The Cambridge Suites Hotel is and eco-friendly property conveniently located in downtown Halifax, within walking distance of the famed Citadel Hill, restaurants, as well as the best sights and sounds of Nova Scotia's capital.
Hotel Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown is located in the heart of Downtown Moncton and is a short walk to the Capital Theater, restaurants and bars.
Hotel Hilton Saint John is a waterfront hotel offering views of the Harbor and Port of Saint John, within walking distance of Saint John's most popular landmarks, such as Saint John Arts Centre and Port Saint John.
The historical Digby Pines and Golf Resort & Spa, beautifully situated overlooking the beautiful Annapolis Basin, offers guests a glimpse into Nova Scotia's past. Originally built as a three-story hotel in the woods, it was later utilized as officer quarters during WWI before being sold to Canadian Pacific Railway in 1917. Changing ownerships over time, it officially became Digby Pine Golf Resort & Spa in 2005.
In the unlikely event that a particular hotel is not available, a similar or better hotel may be substituted.
Reviews & Photos
We love hearing your stories and seeing your photos! Here are some moments other travelers captured on this package. Or check out our entire fan photo gallery.
- What should I know before I go? We've compiled a comprehensive checklist, including information on how to pay your balance due, flights & transfers, packing & luggage, and more.
- Do I need a visa or other documents? Are there any entry requirements? Please review the visa & entry requirements.
- Can I make changes to my trip? Have something a little different in mind? Just ask!
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 18 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at time of travel.
- Should I purchase travel insurance? Yes! We recommend you purchase travel insurance to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer a plan provided by Travelex Insurance Services.
- What's the fine print? Review the terms & conditions for this package.
- What should I know about Canada? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
- Common Questions Answers to our travelers' most frequently asked questions.