Dazzling Dubai & Bangkok
Enjoy the oasis of Dubai, plus the temples, markets & cuisine of Bangkok; explore on your own with flights, deluxe hotel & temple tour included
|Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|History & Culture, City Stays
|What to Expect
|This leisurely-paced, independent package requires minimal walking and is suitable for most levels of physical fitness. Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols.
|Find everything you need to know before you go, including information about passport & visa requirements, flights, luggage, and more.
Get updates about this package
Prepare to be dazzled twice on this innovative tour package to Dubai and Bangkok. Dubai is home to the world’s tallest building, a man-made island archipelago created for luxury living and vacationing, an indoor ski resort complete with ski lift, plenty of fine dining, and an ancient culture that has leapt from desert tent to skyscraper condo in less than 50 years.
In Bangkok, Thailand you'll tour Asia's most popular city, with 24-hour a day bustle, incredible shopping, phenomenal cuisine, sky trains, and amazing nightlife, all amid an ancient, fascinating culture, exotic architecture, temples, canals, markets, ruins and among the most friendly people on earth.
But don't wait to reserve your place. Space is definitely limited, and at these prices, it will surely sell out fast!
- Round trip flights via Emirates including fuel surcharges, taxes and fees
- 6 nights accommodations in deluxe hotels
- Buffet breakfast daily
- All transfers and ground transportation
- Guided panoramic tour of Dubai
- Guided temples tour including entrance fees in Bangkok
- Professional, English-speaking tour guide in Bangkok
- Exciting optional excursions in Dubai and Bangkok
- Optional day trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi
- Phuket Island post tour optional extension
- Flights from Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW), Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), Newark (EWR), Orlando (MCO), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), and Washington D.C. Dulles (IAD). Request pricing when making your reservation.
Why you'll love itIndependent stay in Dubai and Bangkok and an included temples tour of Wat Trimitr (Golden Buddha) and Wat Po (Reclining Buddha)
Day 1: Depart USA
- Check in for your overnight flight to Dubai
Day 2: Dubai
3 nights JW Marriott Marquis or similar, Dubai.
- Arrive in Dubai, meet our representatives, and transfer to your centrally located hotel
Day 3: Dubai
- Enjoy a guided panoramic tour of Dubai -- see the highlights of this amazing place
- The balance of the day is at leisure in one of the most dazzling cities in the world, or join several exciting optional excursions
Optional Excursion: Half Day Dubai City Tour, $65. Today's exciting optional morning tour will take you to picturesque Dubai Creek, which the Ancient Greeks called the River Zara. The first settlements by the Bani Yas tribe were along its banks, and later it served as a port for ships coming from as far as India and East Africa. Today, this saltwater creek divides the modern city into two parts, Deira on the north and Bur Dubai to the south, and remains a busy waterway both for traditional dhows and sleek luxury yachts. This is your first photo opportunity with a magnificent panorama of the city and its amazing futuristic skyline.
Next stop is the Bastakiya district, where traditional courtyard houses, with characteristic wind towers that cleverly catch the breezes to cool the houses, line the narrow alleys. Many of the houses in this picturesque area of Dubai, previously home to the city's merchants, have been lovingly restored by proud locals who wish to preserve the unique ambience of the district.
Continue to the Dubai Museum, housed in the massive, restored Al Fahidi Fort. Inside, lifelike dioramas offer a fascinating view of life in Dubai before the discovery of oil. You'll learn the importance of the date palm to the desert culture, the maritime traditions of fishing and pearl-diving, boat building and much more. Take a walk through the bustling, exotic souks, where you'll find beautiful and bargain-priced textiles, spices and gold. Another highlight of your city tour is a chance to take one of Dubai's most reliable and inexpensive forms of transportation, the Abra water taxi.
Your coach will bring you back to your hotel.
Optional Excursion: Burj Khalifa, $59. In the afternoon, you may choose to independently visit the Burj Khalifa (formerly known as Burj Dubai), officially opened in 2010 as the tallest building in the world. This miracle of international cooperation and coordination houses a luxury Armani hotel, offices of some of the world's most successful companies, and for a lucky few, homes that are as high as the clouds. Take in sweeping views of the city from the breathtakingly high "At the Top" observation deck.
Optional Excursion: Desert Safari & BBQ Dinner, $90. For those in the mood for adventure, in the late afternoon, set out on an optional desert safari tour, where you'll discover the vastness and stark beauty of the desert that surrounds Dubai. Experience an exciting jeep ride over the surrounding sand dunes. You'll also enjoy a traditional BBQ dinner and live belly dancing entertainment on this exciting optional tour. *The sand dunes jeep ride is not recommended for people with neck, back or cardiac concerns.
Day 4: Dubai
- Relax and explore on your own, or join an optional excursion to Abu Dhabi
Optional Excursion: Full Day Abu Dhabi, $120. Today, see another sophisticated city of the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi. Enjoy a panoramic view of Jebel Ali, the largest man-made port, en route to the iconic symbol of Abu Dhabi, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. Later, drive along the sweeping curve of the Corniche, replete with parks and fountains, from which you'll enjoy a contrast of modern skyscrapers against the sparkling waters of the Persian Gulf. Visit the Heritage Village, and learn about the history of Abu Dhabi in a reconstructed oasis. Walk through the open-air museum and see craftsmen demonstrate traditional skills. Later, pass by the Sheik Khalifa Palace, home to the president of the UAE. Afterwards, take a photo stop at Yas Island, where the Ferrari World theme park and Formula 1 race track are located. Return to Dubai.
Optional Excursion: Dhow Dinner Cruise, $85 (purchased locally). This evening, we recommend an optional dinner cruise by dhow boat on the Dubai Creek. A magnificent view of both sides of Dubai Creek illuminated by night adds to the charm of this wonderful way to experience Dubai.
Day 5: Dubai & Bangkok
3 nights Royal Orchid Sheraton or similar. Bangkok. Breakfast.
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Bangkok
- Upon arrival, you'll be met and escorted to your hotel
Day 6: Bangkok
- Half day Bangkok city sightseeing tour
- Afternoon at leisure to explore Bangkok, or join an optional excursion
Full Day Itinerary: This morning, your included city tour takes you to Bangkok center. Temples, along with the monarchy, are the fabric that binds together the national identity that is Thailand, and some of the most interesting of Thai temples are found in Bangkok. Begin at Wat Trimitr where you will view the 700-year-old Golden Buddha, the largest in the world weighing approximately 5 tons. At Wat Po, founded in the 17th century and the oldest temple in Bangkok, you'll view the amazing Reclining Buddha, whose face depicts the attainment of Nirvana and whose feet are inlaid with mother-of-pearl. You'll also visit Wat Benchamabophit, also known as the "Marble Temple" and one of Bangkok's most important tourist attractions. Built of white Italian marble, it is a wonderful example of Thai temple architecture.
Optional Excursion: Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha (purchased locally). In the afternoon, you can choose an optional excursion to The Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. For 150 years, the Grand Palace has served as the home of the King and his court as well as the entire administrative seat of government. Within its grounds, you'll also visit the Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew), a structure built to house a large Buddha image carved from a solid piece of green jadeite.
Day 7: Bangkok
- Enjoy the day at leisure in Bangkok, or join optional excursions
Optional Excursion: Thonburi Klongs (purchased locally). This morning's optional excursion will take you to the Thonburi Klongs (canals), the Royal Barge Museum, and Wat Arun. Experience an exhilarating boat ride along the busting Chao Phraya River and the quiet Kongs (canals) in a long-tailed boat. This is where you'll see the traditional way of life, far removed from Bangkok's modern skyscrapers. Visit the Royal Barge Museum to see the beautiful barges used by the King on state occasions. See Wat Arun, the magnificent Temple of Dawn, with its 79 meter pagoda or "prang," built in the Khmer style.
Optional Excursion: Calypso Cabaret Show OR Muay Thai Live Show (purchased locally). Tonight, enjoy one of the available optional excursions located on Asiatique the Riverfront. This is a famous night venue for dining, shopping and entertainment, and features its unique setting with a panoramic view of the Chao Phraya River.
Transfer to the Thai dance show at Calypso Cabaret, one of Bangkok's renowned shows. OR go to see the Muay Thai Live Show. Created by acclaimed director Ekachai Uekrongtham, Muay Thai Live: The Legend Lives is a spectacular stage show about the history of Thai boxing, from its origins to present day. A unique program that shows how the ancient and sacred art of Muay Thai has evolved into one of the most recognized martial arts in the world.
Day 8: Bangkok/USA
- Full day at leisure to explore Bangkok
- This evening, bid farewell to Thailand as you transfer to the airport for your flight home via Dubai
Full Day Itinerary: Your last day in Bangkok is at leisure, so take advantage of some last minute shopping and independent sightseeing by visiting one of Bangkok's colorful markets on your own, like the famous Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, where merchants and villagers buy and sell fruits, vegetables and many other items from small boats. This evening, bid farewell to Bangkok, as you transfer to the airport to board your return flight to the USA via Dubai. Or, take advantage of your already-included international airfare and join our optional extension to Phuket Island!
Day 9: Arrive USA
- Your adventure ends today as you arrive in the USA
Dubai Optional Excursions Package: $290
Save by pre-booking a discounted package of our most popular optional excursions in Dubai:
- Dubai City Tour (Day 3)
- Burj Khalifa (Day 3)
- Desert Safari & BBQ Dinner (Day 3)
- Abu Dhabi (Day 4)
You can book these excursions individually in Dubai. But you can save over $40 if you purchase this special package ahead of time—with or before your final payment. These are not "seat in coach" excursions that pick up passengers at various hotels; all are operated for Friendly Planet groups only. (A minimum of 4 passengers is required for optional excursions to operate).
Phuket Island Optional Extension
Take advantage of your already-included international airfare and enjoy a luxurious and relaxing stay on Phuket Island, Thailand's most famous resort. You will return home 3 days later than the return dates listed.
Day 8: Bangkok & Phuket
3 nights Amari Phuket or similar. Breakfast.
- Fly to Phuket, where the balance of the day is at leisure
Days 9-10: Phuket
- Two full days at leisure on the island
Full Day Itinerary: Two full days at leisure to relax, shop or tour this scenic island, Thailand's largest. Phuket and the 39 smaller islands to the southeast are studded with tropical forests, mountains, gravity-defying limestone formations, and pristine beaches, surrounded by coral reefs and the aquamarine water of the balmy Andaman Sea. The west coast of Phuket was hit severely by the Indian Ocean tsunami of December 2004, but the resilient people have quickly rebuilt, and almost no evidence of the damage now remains. Phuket is a melting pot of Buddhists, Thai-Chinese, Muslims, and even sea gypsies, whom you'll find warm and welcoming.
With warm, humid weather year-round, you'll enjoy plenty of sun-drenched days lounging on the beach and all manner of water sports, including jet-skiing, parasailing, surfing, scuba and snorkeling. Most of the dive locations are suitable for all skill levels, and the waters abound with colorful coral forests, tropical fish and other marine life, including leopard sharks, moray eels, octopus and turtles.
Phuket is also the sailing and yachting center of Thailand and adjacent countries, with several races and regattas happening throughout the year. And in the unlikely event that you can pull yourself away from the beach, you'll find opportunities to ride horses or elephants, hike, mountain bike, and even golf. Afterwards, unwind at one of the many spas or one of the excellent acrobatic, theatrical or cultural shows.
Join an optional excursion (available for purchase locally) to the breathtaking Phi Phi islands, filming location of The Beach. Take a trip by boat and bus to Phang Nha Bay and to the famous limestone spire known as "James Bond Island" for its role in The Man with the Golden Gun.
Day 11: Phuket/USA
- Bid farewell to Thailand as you transfer to the airport for your flight home via Bangkok & Dubai
Day 12: Arrive USA
- Your adventure ends today as you arrive in the USA
Reviews & Photos
We love hearing your stories and seeing your photos! Here are some moments other travelers captured on this package. Or check out our entire fan photo gallery.
- What should I know before I go? We've compiled a comprehensive checklist, including information on how to pay your balance due, flights & transfers, packing & luggage, and more.
- Do I need a visa or other documents? Are there any entry requirements? Travel visas are required for this package. Please review the visa & entry requirements.
- Can I make changes to my trip? Want to upgrade your seats? Depart from another city? Stay a few extra days? Something else? Just ask!
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 18 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at time of travel.
- Should I purchase travel insurance? Yes! We recommend you purchase travel insurance to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer a plan provided by Travelex Insurance Services.
- What's the fine print? Review the terms & conditions for this package.
- What should I know about Thailand? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Dubai? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
- Common Questions Answers to our travelers' most frequently asked questions.