Careers at Friendly Planet
International Travel Sales and Reservations Agent – Full Time
We're Friendly Planet Travel, international tour operators offering upscale, small group and customized travel services via our website to over 40 countries around the world. We're searching for a few talented, experienced travel agents to join our team of dedicated professionals in providing travelers with the best customer service on the internet.
Our office is centrally located, near two Septa Regional Rail Stations, in Jenkintown. We are a friendly, supportive company where talent, creativity, ingenuity and a dedication to service is highly valued. You'll find that our pleasant work environment is a great place to build your career. We do not typically experience a high employee turnover, and these positions are a result of growth.
- MUST HAVE 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY
- Love of travel
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Patience and empathy
- Enjoy collaborating as a team
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Computer competence, especially MS Office
- Travel sales/customer service experience
Not required, but helpful:
- Fluency in Spanish
- Knowledge of Amadeus
This position is full-time, 9:30 am - 6 pm, Monday through Friday, and a remote position is not available at ths time. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and 401k.
To qualify, you must be passionate about travel, work comfortably in a team environment, have several years of experience in the travel industry, preferably in a retail agency or for a tour operator. Some knowledge of airline GDS systems is helpful, but not mandatory.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
JoAnn Runner, Office Manager
Air Department Agent
Friendly Planet Travel, Inc. (www.friendlyplanet.com), an internet-based tour operator specializing in exotic international destinations and located in Jenkintown, PA, is searching for a full-time, experienced air department agent for our busy, growing company.
Responsibilities and required qualifications for the position include:
- Ability to manage large volume of airline bookings
- Minimum 2 years experience of airline GDS (Amadeus, Sabre) Experience with airline contracts for pricing, ticketing, and terms and conditions
- Proven experience in tracking and managing airline block space
- Proven experience in airfare comparisons, budget v. actual air cost, and cost-effective routings
- Speaking by phone with customers requesting information
- Promptly replying to all passenger requests
- Working with the entire team to handle projects, resolve problems and provide the best customer service in the industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office
We're looking for a good team player with positive attitude, friendly demeanor, good organizational skills, and patience, who enjoys working hard and achieving results. The position is full-time, 9:30AM-6PM, no exceptions. We are located in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, very close to train and bus transportation and an easy commute by car from most of greater Philadelphia.
We offer a career opportunity with plenty of space to grow, where your creativity and energy are appreciated and rewarded. You'll find our warm, friendly and supportive staff and informal atmosphere a great place to build your career. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and plenty of travel opportunities.
Please send us your resume and cover letter to:
JoAnn Runner, Office Manager