Careers at Friendly Planet
International Travel Sales and Reservations Agent – Full Time
Do you love travel? Do you care about the planet? Are you friendly?
If so, then you may be just the person we’re looking for at Friendly Planet Travel.
We’re looking for warm, caring people who genuinely enjoy helping others. Giving the best customer support possible is at the very top of our requirements. Think Zappos and Nordstrom-level of commitment to delivering customer delight.
You must be passionate about travel. International travel experience is a plus (but not required). At the least, have a “bucket list” of places around the world you can’t wait to visit, and why. Our customers start their vacation the moment they pick up the phone, and you need to be able to share their excitement and anticipation as they plan their next adventure.
We are a company with a committed sense of purpose. We want to protect and support the peoples, cultures and lands where we send our international travelers. If you share our interest and concern for this, then you’ll feel right at home.
- Love of travel
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Patience and empathy
- Enjoy collaborating as a team
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Computer competence, especially MS Office
Not required, but helpful:
- Experience in the travel industry
- Sales or customer service experience
- Fluent in Spanish
This position is full-time, 9:30 am - 6 pm, Monday through Friday. We’re located in Jenkintown, PA, within walking distance of the train station. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and 401k. You'll find our supportive staff and pleasant work environment a great place to build your career!
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
JoAnn Runner, Office Manager
Air Department Agent
Friendly Planet Travel, Inc. (www.friendlyplanet.com), an internet-based tour operator specializing in exotic international destinations and located in Jenkintown, PA, is searching for a full-time, experienced air department agent for our busy, growing company.
Responsibilities and required qualifications for the position include:
- Ability to manage large volume of airline bookings
- Minimum 2 years experience of airline GDS (Amadeus, Sabre) Experience with airline contracts for pricing, ticketing, and terms and conditions
- Proven experience in tracking and managing airline block space
- Proven experience in airfare comparisons, budget v. actual air cost, and cost-effective routings
- Speaking by phone with customers requesting information
- Promptly replying to all passenger requests
- Working with the entire team to handle projects, resolve problems and provide the best customer service in the industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office
We're looking for a good team player with positive attitude, friendly demeanor, good organizational skills, and patience, who enjoys working hard and achieving results. The position is full-time, 9:30AM-6PM, no exceptions. We are located in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, very close to train and bus transportation and an easy commute by car from most of greater Philadelphia.
We offer a career opportunity with plenty of space to grow, where your creativity and energy are appreciated and rewarded. You'll find our warm, friendly and supportive staff and informal atmosphere a great place to build your career. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and plenty of travel opportunities.
Please send us your resume and cover letter to:
JoAnn Runner, Office Manager