Tokyo city tour, Tokyo Tower, Sensoji Temple & Imperial GardensBook now online
No escort, freedom to explore at your own pace
|Departures||Scheduled Dates: Select a departure from April – December 2016|
|Departs||Los Angeles (LAX) (flight schedule)|
|Highlights||Tokyo Tower, Sensoji Temple, Imperial Gardens, freedom to explore at your own pace|
|What to Expect||This leisurely-paced, independent tour requires minimal walking and is suitable for most levels of physical fitness. This tour does not include a tour guide or escort.|
|As Seen in|
Join us on our Tokyo Express vacation package to discover the magic of this ancient yet modern city at a truly remarkable price. Travel to Tokyo, Japan non-stop via the world's #1 carrier, Singapore Airlines. You'll stay at a beautiful and well-located hotel in Tokyo and enjoy a lavish buffet breakfast daily. Transfers and a guided tour of Tokyo are also included as well as plenty of optional day tours. But don't wait to reserve your spot! At these prices, space will go very quickly. Maximize your sightseeing in Japan by taking advantage of optional excursions to some of the country's most popular attractions. You can purchase the excursions upon arrival, or pre-book via the link in the Optional Exursions section below after you make your final payment.
Dates, Prices & Options
Departure Dates & Prices
Departures & Prices
per person, double occupancy*
|Tue||Feb 16||2016||Mon||Feb 22||2016||$1799||Closed|
|Tue||Mar 22||2016||Mon||Mar 28||2016||$2199||$1899||Closed|
|Tue||Apr 19||2016||Mon||Apr 25||2016||$1999||$1699||Available|
|Tue||May 3||2016||Mon||May 9||2016||$1999||$1699||Closed|
|Tue||May 31||2016||Mon||Jun 6||2016||$1799||$1499||Available|
|Tue||Jun 28||2016||Mon||Jul 4||2016||$1799||$1499||Available|
|Tue||Aug 23||2016||Mon||Aug 29||2016||$1849||$1549||Available|
|Tue||Sep 6||2016||Mon||Sep 12||2016||$1899||$1599||Available|
|Tue||Sep 20||2016||Mon||Sep 26||2016||$1899||$1599||Available|
|Tue||Oct 4||2016||Mon||Oct 10||2016||$1899||$1599||Available|
|Tue||Oct 18||2016||Mon||Oct 24||2016||$1899||$1599||Available|
|Tue||Nov 15||2016||Mon||Nov 21||2016||$1899||$1599||Available|
|Tue||Dec 13||2016||Mon||Dec 19||2016||$1999||$1699||Available|
Want to stay longer? We may be able to arrange for you to stay later than the scheduled dates, including extra hotel nights and separate airport transfers. Contact us about prices and availability.
|Single Room Supplement|
|Mar 22, Apr 19, May 3, Sep 6, Sep 20, Oct 4, Nov 15||+$599|
|All other departures||+$499|
Flights & Departure Cities
|Los Angeles (LAX)||included|
This package includes round-trip flights from the cities listed above. Please review the flight schedule, especially if you're booking connecting flights.
Coming from somewhere else? Unfortunately, we don't offer departures from cities that are not listed, but you can book your own connecting flights separately.
Transfers: Transfers for this package are provided on a group basis only. For passengers deviating in any way from the group program, transfers are not provided. Individual, private transfers can be arranged at a supplement in price. Taxis and other forms of transportation are also available and may cost less than private transfers. If you wish to arrange private transfers, please request this service at the time of reservation.
How to Make a Reservation
To make a reservation, simply select an available departure date and reserve online using our secure booking system. Or call us one of our travel specialists at 800-555-5765, Mon–Fri 9:30–6:00 Eastern time. But first, check out our Things to Know section.
We only require a per-person deposit payment, which you can pay with your credit card or PayPal account. This deposit will be applied towards the cost of your package, and is generally non-refundable (details). The balance is due 75 days prior to departure (or within 72 hours, if you're booking less than 75 days prior to departure), and can be paid by credit card, PayPal, check or money order.
Day 1: Depart USA
- Check-in for your overnight non-stop flight to Tokyo via Singapore Airlines
Day 2: Arrive Tokyo, Japan
Accommodations: 5 nights New Otani Tokyo.
- Meet our representative upon arrival at Narita International Airport
- Transfer via scheduled airport bus to your hotel located in central Tokyo for check-in
Full Day Itinerary: Tokyo e Youkoso! (Welcome to Tokyo!) Arrive early this evening in Tokyo, one of the world's main economic centers and Japan's modern capital. Upon arrival, transfer, via scheduled airport bus, to your hotel located in central Tokyo, near popular districts like Roppongi and Akasaka. En route, you'll have your first glimpse of the stunning, modern skyline and glittering neon-lit streets that are quintessential Tokyo. The remainder of evening is at leisure.
Day 3: Tokyo City Tour
Included meals: Breakfast.
- After breakfast, set out on a city tour to explore some of Tokyo's main sights
- Begin at the Tokyo Tower, modeled after the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- Explore the beautiful gardens at the Imperial Palace
- Continue to Sensoji Temple and Nakamise shopping street
- Finally, drive through Ueno and stop in Tokyo's "Electric-Town," Akihabara
- The tour ends at Tokyo Station; explore independently or make your own way back to the hotel
Full Day Itinerary: After breakfast this morning, set out on a city tour to explore some of Tokyo's main sights. Begin at the Tokyo Tower, modeled after (and slightly taller than) the Eiffel Tower in Paris, where you will enjoy a wonderful view of the city. Proceed to the Imperial Palace Garden Plaza, which dates back to the 15th century and is the former site of Edo Castle and the present residence of the Emperor of Japan. Visitors are not permitted inside this very private residence of royalty, but you will enjoy a walk through the beautifully manicured gardens, with views of the ancient castle walls and ruins.
Continue to Sensoji Temple, also known as Asakusa Kannon, dedicated to the Buddhist deity of mercy and compassion. Sensoji Temple is one of the most popular sights in Tokyo. Later, stroll Nakamise shopping street, which stretches over approximately 250 meters from the main grounds of Sensoji Temple. It is lined with more than 50 shops, which offer local specialties and souvenirs. Finally, drive through Ueno and make a brief stop in Tokyo's "Electric-Town," Akihabara. Finally, the tour will disband at Tokyo Station, where you can continue your exploration independently or make your own way back to your hotel.
Days 4-6: Tokyo
Included meals: Breakfast.
- 3 days at leisure to explore the wonders of Tokyo on your own
Full Day Itinerary: Enjoy the next three days discovering the wonders of Tokyo and all it has to offer. Your hotel is conveniently located in the center of Tokyo and by train or subway you can easily explore Tokyo's major attractions using your pre-paid Suica transit card. From popular shopping areas like Ginza and Omotesando, where you can purchase the latest fashions, to sprawling entertainment and nightlife districts like Roppongi and Shinjuku, Tokyo seems to have a place to indulge in every desire. And, by taking a relaxing stroll through one of Tokyo's beautiful parks or gardens, you may even forget that you're in the largest city in the world.
See the sights on your own, arrange optional excursions or schedule a day trip to Mt. Fuji or Nikko. See the Optional Excursions section below for more information.
Day 7: Depart Tokyo/Arrive USA
Included meals: Breakfast.
- Today, bid sayonara to Tokyo as you transfer to the Narita Airport, via scheduled airport bus
- Board your non-stop return flight on Singapore Airlines
- Your Tokyo adventure ends on arrival in the USA later today
To book optional excursions for this tour, go to www.jtb-sunrisetours.jp. These excursions are operated by Sunrise Tours JTB, our land operator for this tour. We are not responsible for these excursions or payments made towards them; please review JTB's terms & conditions. Some excursions may have limited availability and/or require a minimum number of passengers to operate. Excursions may not include transportation from your hotel, so be sure to review the drop off/pickup locations before booking.
Loved every minute of this trip. The hotel was great - centrally located, modern, clean, a five star all-the-way. Singapore Airline was wonderful - didn't think I could take the 10hr trip but it wasn't difficult at all, with all the in-flight entertainment. Round trip transfers went smooth. And the included full buffet breakfast was an added surprise. I went with my adult daughter and son and they really loved Japan and can't wait to return. I am a former travel agent and I know how many things that are out of your control can happen. I am telling anyone who is interested in travel to contact your company. I've been on many tours and this was one of the best - both for what is included and for the price. P.S. When I called your office, I got to speak with a real human (how many times does that happen in today's world) who was pleasant and able to answer all my questions and correct any problems I had with my booking.
Kathleen Russo, Wynnewood, PA
Things to Know
- Do I need a visa or any other documents? Please review the requirements about which documents you need before you travel.
- Should I get travel insurance? Protect your travel investment with our comprehensive policies.
- What's the fine print? Read the terms & conditions for this package.
- I'm traveling solo. Can you help me find a roommate? Yes, you can connect with other travelers to share a room and avoid single occupancy rates.
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 20 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at the time of travel.
- Tips about traveling in Japan? Check our Fast Facts to learn about the best time to travel, what to wear, what to buy, currency conversion, tipping, weather, voltage & plugs, immunizations you should get, and more.
More Common Questions
- Booked Passengers Forms you need to complete & information you need to have.
- Make a Payment Pay your balance due.
- Flight Schedule Departure & arrival times for your international flights and details on booking connecting flights.
- Baggage Allowance On this program you are permitted one carry-on bag per person and one piece of checked luggage not to exceed 44lbs. The carry on must not exceed 18" x 10" x 8" so that it fits under your seat or in the overhead compartment.