plus Paris optional extension
This package is currently unavailable.
To be the first to know when we have more departures available, subscribe to our
No escort, freedom to explore at your own pace
|Highlights||Barcelona, Spain plus Hop-On Hop-Off pass|
|What to Expect||This leisurely-paced, independent tour requires minimal walking and is suitable for most levels of physical fitness. This tour does not include a tour guide or escort.|
|As Seen in|
Dates, Prices & Options
Sorry, there are no currently available tour dates.
Note: NYC departures will be from either JFK or EWR based upon availability when you make your reservation. Your flight itinerary showing which airport that you are departing from will be emailed to you in 24-48 hours.
Unlike many of our other tour packages, our Breathtaking Barcelona is designed for travelers who want a lot of freedom and flexibility to explore at their own pace. Get your first orientation of Barcelona with the included 24 hour Hop-On Hop-Off pass.
After that, you can continue to explore Barcelona freely from your centrally located hotel, or choose from several exciting optional guided excursions—the choice is yours! You can tour the masterworks of Barcelona’s most famous architect, Antoni Gaudí, enjoy a paella dinner and flamenco show, or head out on day trips to fascinating sites outside Barcelona, such as the Dalí Museum in Figures, the famous mountaintop monastery of Montserrat. As an added bonus, you can also extend your stay for three days in the city of lights, Paris, France.
So much to see and enjoy, and so little cost...how can you possibly resist? But don‘t wait long, because this deal is too good to last.
Day 1: Depart USA. Your exciting trip to Barcelona begins today as you depart for Spain on an overnight flight.
Day 2: Barcelona. Upon arrival in Barcelona, make your own way to your hotel independently. Enjoy the balance of the day to relax and unwind and enjoy the facilities of the hotel. Or venture out for your first exploration of the city. Your hotel is conveniently located outside of Ciutadella Park, at the northeastern edge of the old town, it is home to the Barcelona Zoo, the Parliament of Catalonia, a scenic lake, the Museum of Natural Science, and The Cascada, designed and erected by Josep Fontsére and a young Antoni Gaudí, as a student. Accommodations: K+K Hotel Picasso.
We suggest a walk along the beautiful La Rambla (also known as Las Ramblas), a wide, meandering, shaded boulevard which follows the contours of Barcelona's medieval city walls. La Rambla is filled with colorful shops, outdoor cafés, street performers, and lively activity, and Spanish poet Federico García Lorca once referred to it as "the only street in the world which I wish would never end." Just off the Rambla, discover the lovely Plaça Reial, a large palm-lined square which is the hub of Barcelona nightlife. Or explore the vibrant La Ribera neighborhood, once the home of medieval artisans and wealthy merchants, and now a haven for restaurants, wine bars and cocktail lounges, dance clubs, designer boutiques, art galleries and museums.
Or, venture outside of Barcelona to explore Girona and Dalí Museum in Figueres, two of the most famous attractions in northern Catalonia. Or travel to nearby Montserrat to visit the famous Santa Maria de Montserrat perched high on the mountain.
In the evenings, delight in a paella dinner and watch a Flamenco show. Or choose from a wide variety of restaurants serving tapas, or fresh seafood and many other regional and international specialties. Breakfast provided.
Day 4: Barcelona. Another day to enjoy Barcelona at your own pace. Breakfast provided.
Day 5: Barcelona. Another day to enjoy Barcelona at your own pace. Breakfast provided.
Day 6: Barcelona/USA. Your memorable Barcelona sojourn comes to an end as you make your way independently to the airport for your return flight. Arrive in the USA later today. Alternatively, take advantage of your already-included international airfare, and extend your exploration to Paris, France. Breakfast provided.
Paris Optional Extension
Take advantage of your already-included international airfare and spend three more exciting days in Paris, France. You will return to the USA 3 days later than the dates listed on the Dates & Prices tab.
Day 6: Barcelona/Paris. Make your way independently to the Barcelona airport for your flight to Paris, capital city of France. Upon arrival, make your own way to your centrally located hotel. Accommodations: K+K Hotel Cayré. Breakfast provided.
Day 7: Paris. Enjoy 2 full days of leisure in the City of Lights. Explore the city, you can see the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and other landmarks. Art lovers can take in the famous Musée d'Orsay or The Louvre. Breakfast provided.
Day 8: Paris. Another day to explore Paris at your own pace. Breakfast provided.
Day 9: Paris/USA. Your journey comes to an end as you make your way independently to the airport for your return flight. Arrive in the USA later today. Breakfast provided.
I just want to say I had an AMAZING time in Spain. Thank you Friendly Planet for making this a great trip. Everything was excellent and ran smoothly. The entire group was like family. Again thank you all and I will surely refer friends and family to use this agency.
Things to Know
- Do I need a visa or any other documents? Please review the requirements about which documents you need before you travel.
- Should I get travel insurance? Protect your travel investment with our comprehensive policies.
- What's the fine print? Read the terms & conditions for this package.
- I'm traveling solo. Can you help me find a roommate? Yes, you can connect with other travelers to share a room and avoid single occupancy rates.
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 18 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at the time of travel.
- Tips about traveling in France? Check our Fast Facts to learn about the best time to travel, what to wear, what to buy, currency conversion, tipping, weather, voltage & plugs, immunizations you should get, and more.
- Tips about traveling in Spain? Check our Fast Facts to learn about the best time to travel, what to wear, what to buy, currency conversion, tipping, weather, voltage & plugs, immunizations you should get, and more.
More Common Questions
- Booked Passengers Forms you need to complete & information you need to have.
- Make a Payment Pay your balance due.
- Flight Schedule Departure & arrival times for your international flights and details on booking connecting flights.
- Baggage Allowance On this program you are permitted one carry-on bag per person and one piece of checked luggage not to exceed 44lbs. The carry on must not exceed 18" x 10" x 8" so that it fits under your seat or in the overhead compartment.