Based on a November 15, 2017 departure from NYC staying 4-nights at the Hilton Vienna Plaza.
|Featuring||Delve into imperial Vienna - palaces, gardens, cathedrals & more; see the city independently on flexible dates with flights & hotel included|
|Style||Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|Departures||Flexible Dates: Choose the date you'd like to depart and how many days you'd like to stay|
|Themes||History & Culture|
|What to Expect||Our independent packages offer you maximum freedom to see what you like, when you like during your vacation. We offer optional airport transfers as well as your choice of sightseeing excursions.|
Situated on the banks of the Danube, Vienna, the capital of Austria, is home to magnificent palaces, gardens and cathedrals, a place where the saga of empires floats on the melodic strains of a Strauss waltz.
Day 1: Depart USA/Overnight Flight
- Depart the USA on your overnight flight to Vienna.
Day 2: Arrive Vienna, Austria
Full Day Itinerary:Full Day Itinerary: Upon arrival in Vienna, make your own way to your hotel independently or choose our optional airport transfer. Enjoy the balance of the day to relax and unwind and enjoy the facilities of the hotel.
Days 3-5: Vienna
Full Day Itinerary:Enjoy 3 days of leisure to experience all that Vienna has to offer. Take the opportunity to visit Schonnbrun Palace and Vienna Opera House. Do as much or as little as you would like!
Day 6: Return to the USA
- This morning, transfer to the airport independently or select our shared transfer option.
- Later, return to the USA.
Your tour begins at Sudtiroler Platz and take you past the impressive Vienna State Opera, home of the famous annual "Opera Ball". Not far from the Opera is the Hofburg Palace; the former winter residence of the imperial family. Other sights on your tour are the Museum of Art History, the Museum of Natural History, Parliament, the acclaimed Burg Theater and City Hall.
Schonbrunn Palace, Austria’s most popular tourist attraction, is the former imperial summer residence and is a listed World Heritage Site. Visit the historic state-rooms and see how the imperial family once lived. Afterwards you have time to take a stroll through the palace gardens or enjoy a cup of original Viennese coffee and a piece of delicious apple strudel
Vienna Woods and Mayerling
Travel from Vienna to the southern portion the the Vienna Woods passing the spa town of Baden on they way to Mayerling.
You will see the chapel built on the site of Mayerling, the former imperial hunting lodge. Learn of the tragedy of crown Prince Rudolf and his mistress Baroness Vetsera.
Then, visit the Abbey Heilegenkreuz; an active monastery which was founded in 1133. Continue on to Holdrichsmuhle where Schubert once composed and also to Seegrotte Hinterbruhl which is home to Europe's largest underground lake.
Relax and view the scenery as your tour travels from Vienna up to the vineyards. Along the way enjoy views of the park, the Mint and the Giant Ferris Wheel.
Once you arrive at Vineyard Coblenz enjoy unbelievable views of Vienna. Then head to the Danube for a cruise from Reichsbrucke to Schwedenplatz in the center of Vienna. Along the way you will see the Danube Tower, Copa Cagrana, the Danube Park and many of Vienna's historical sights.
Before You Book
- Do I need a visa or any other documents? Please review the requirements about which documents you need before you travel.
- Should I purchase travel protection? You can purchase our travel protection coverage with your deposit or final payment. It may not be purchased before then.
- What's the fine print? Read the terms & conditions for this package.
- I'm traveling solo. Can you help me find a roommate? Unfortunately, we can't pair you with a roommate on this package.
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 21 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at the time of travel.
- What should I know about Austria? Check out our country guide for travel tips, the best time to go, blog posts, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
Before You GoPrepare for
Find everything you need to know before you go, including how to pay your balance due, and information about passport & visa requirements, flights, packing & luggage, and more.