Based on a November 15, 2017 departure from NYC staying 4-nights at the Hotel Antiche Figure
|Featuring||The city built on water rivals any travel experience; tour Venice & its canals independently on flexible dates with flights & hotel included|
|Style||Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|Departures||Flexible Dates: Choose the date you'd like to depart and how many days you'd like to stay|
|Themes||History & Culture|
|What to Expect||Our independent packages offer you maximum freedom to see what you like, when you like during your vacation. We offer optional airport transfers as well as your choice of sightseeing excursions.|
Welcome to Venice, one of the most picturesque cities in the world. Known for beautiful Piazzas, winding streets and the canals with gondolas leisurely floating by. Enjoy your four-night stay exploring the "Queen of the Adriatic."
Day 1: Depart USA/Overnight Flight
- Depart the USA on your overnight flight to Venice.
Day 2: Arrive Venice, Italy
Full Day Itinerary:Upon arrival in Venice , make your own way to your hotel independently or choose one of our transfer options. Enjoy the balance of the day to relax and unwind and enjoy the facilities of the hotel.
Days 3-5: Venice
Full Day Itinerary:Enjoy 3 days to explore Venice independently or take time to relax and enjoy the scenery. Take a ride in one of the famed Gondolas, visit the Murano Glassworks or see some of the sites of Venice like St. Marks or the Bridge of Sighs. How much or how little you do is up to you!
Day 6: Return to the USA
- This morning, transfer to the airport independently or select our optional airport transfer.
- Later, return to the USA.
Tour by motor launch along the major canal of Venice: the Canal Grande. You will admire the magnificent palaces along the canal whose wide-ranging architectural styles embrace the Byzantine, Florid Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque. Our guide will help you discover all the beauty of a city built on water, its sumptuous palaces and monumental buildings, churches, fascinating gardens, campi and campielli.
This combination tour entails three distinct parts which permit
The first portion is a walking tour with an experienced guide who will detail highlights of the thousand-year history of the Most Serene Republic, using anecdotes, stories and descriptions. This part of the tour takes place entirely outdoors and does not include admittance to the monuments.
The second part is a visit to the Doge's Palace with a qualified guide. Immerse yourself in medieval Europe among the stuccoed halls and
hundreds of masterpieces.
During the last leg of your tour you will discover one of the world’s most majestic cathedrals, a true masterpiece of Byzantine art! Your guide will take you on a a full tour of the Golden Basilica, once the private chapel of the Doges of Venice.
Take our exciting half day tour to the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello.
Marvel at the ancient art of glassblowing on Murano, view the brightly colored fishermans houses on Burano and visit the ancient Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta on Torcello. with its magnificent mosaics and the Church of Santa Fosca, dating to the 11th-12th centuries.
Before You Book
- Do I need a visa or any other documents? Please review the requirements about which documents you need before you travel.
- Should I purchase travel protection? You can purchase our travel protection coverage with your deposit or final payment. It may not be purchased before then.
- What's the fine print? Read the terms & conditions for this package.
- I'm traveling solo. Can you help me find a roommate? Unfortunately, we can't pair you with a roommate on this package.
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 21 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at the time of travel.
- What should I know about Italy? Check out our country guide for travel tips, the best time to go, blog posts, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
Before You GoPrepare for
Find everything you need to know before you go, including how to pay your balance due, and information about passport & visa requirements, flights, packing & luggage, and more.