Based on a November 15, 2017 departure from NYC staying 4-nights at The Inn at the Spanish Steps.
|Featuring||Immerse yourself in Rome: the Colosseum, the Vatican, the Pantheon & more; flexible dates for independent travel with flights & hotel included|
|Style||Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|Departures||Flexible Dates: Choose the date you'd like to depart and how many days you'd like to stay|
|Themes||History & Culture|
|What to Expect||Our independent packages offer you maximum freedom to see what you like, when you like during your vacation. We offer optional airport transfers as well as your choice of sightseeing excursions.|
Join us for an adventure packed four-night stay in the Eternal City. Our package includes airfare and hotel with breakfast daily and most taxes.You also have the opportunity to include airport transfers as well as a choice of sight seeing options. So do as much or as little as you would like and plan your trip your way!
Day 1: Depart USA
- Your exciting trip to Rome begins today as you depart for Italy on an overnight flight.
Day 2: Arrive Rome, Italy
Full Day Itinerary:Upon arrival in Rome, make your own way to your hotel independently or choose our optional airport transfer. Enjoy the balance of the day to relax and unwind and enjoy the facilities of the hotel.
Days 3-5: Arrive Rome, Italy
Full Day Itinerary: Enjoy 3 days of leisure or purchase one of our optional sight seeing tours. Our Hop On Hop Off tour visits many of Rome's best known sights and allows you to "hop off" to spend more time at any site that is of particular interest to you!
Day 6: Return to the USA
- This morning, transfer to the airport independently or select our optional transfer.
- Later, return to the USA.
St. Peter's Basilica, Trevi Fountain and Baroque Rome
Visit the highlights of Rome with this half day tour. We will visit St. Peter’s Basilica, Navona Square and enjoy a nice walk through the streets of the capital. Explore the secrets of the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain as well.
Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
Take a complete tour of Ancient Rome’s major sights and skip the lines for the Archaeological Area. Gain special access to the Colosseum and, once inside, breathe the bloody past of the Amphitheater and its atmosphere lead by expert guides. Admire the splendid Arch of Constantine and climb up Palatine Hill.
Pompeii and its Ruins
Join our full day tour to one of the most important archaeological sites in the world: Pompeii.
Travel from Rome and enjoy panoramic views of Naples enroute to Pompeii. Once there, view the ruins of the city which was buried in volcanic ash by Mount Vesuvius in 79AD. Tour includes lunch.
Assisi & St. Francis Basilica
Discover the medieval town of Assisi which is home to the Basilica of St. Francis during this full day tour.
Assisi was the birthplace of St. Francis who was the founder of the Franciscan Order. Tour includes Lunch.
Before You Book
- Do I need a visa or any other documents? Please review the requirements about which documents you need before you travel.
- Should I purchase travel protection? You can purchase our travel protection coverage with your deposit or final payment. It may not be purchased before then.
- What's the fine print? Read the terms & conditions for this package.
- I'm traveling solo. Can you help me find a roommate? Unfortunately, we can't pair you with a roommate on this package.
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 21 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at the time of travel.
- What should I know about Italy? Check out our country guide for travel tips, the best time to go, blog posts, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
Before You GoPrepare for
Find everything you need to know before you go, including how to pay your balance due, and information about passport & visa requirements, flights, packing & luggage, and more.