Based on a November 15, 2017 departure from NYC staying 4-nights at the Hotel delle Nazioni.
|Featuring||Immerse yourself in the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance; flexible dates available to travel independently with flights & hotel included|
|Style||Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|Departures||Flexible Dates: Choose the date you'd like to depart and how many days you'd like to stay|
|Themes||History & Culture|
|What to Expect||Our independent packages offer you maximum freedom to see what you like, when you like during your vacation. We offer optional airport transfers as well as your choice of sightseeing excursions.|
Friendly Planet Travel’s 5 day/4 night tour of Florence offers the chance to immerse yourself in the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance.
Day 1: Depart USA
- Your exciting trip to Florence begins today as you depart for Italy on an overnight flight.
Day 2: Arrive Florence, Italy
Full Day Itinerary: Enjoy 3 days of leisure to explore Florence on your own or select one or more of our optional tours. Choose from options for 1 of 3 offered tours, 2 of 3 offered tours or a ticket that is good for all 3 tour options.
Days 3-5: Florence
Full Day Itinerary:Enjoy 3 days of leisure to explore Florence. Select one of our optional tours or see the sights independently.
Visit the Santa Maria Del Fiore (The Duomo), the Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge) and the Galleria dell'Accademia which is home to Michelangelo's David.
Day 6: Return to the USA
- This morning, transfer to the airport independently or select our optional transfer.
- Later, return to the USA.
Florence and the Accademia
This half day guided tour shows you the best of the city center of Florence.
Begin with a drive to the Piazzale Michelangelo where you will stop to experience a wonderful view of the city. Proceed to the city center where you will embark on your walking tour.
Visit the Duomo complex including the Baptistery and the cathedral itself. View the magnificent cupola del Brunelleschi and Giotto's bell tower.
After a short walk, arrive at the Galleria dell'Accademia; home of Michelangelo's David and other great works.
Walking tour of Florence
Get to know Florence with this half day walking tour. You will have a guided visit of the Cathedral with the dome by Brunelleschi, the bell tower by Giotto and the Baptistery.
You will also visit the Church of Orsanmichele which houses the tabernacle of Orcagna, the Mercato della Paglia, the Piazza della Signoria and the Palazzo Vecchio.
Pisa and Lucca
Spend a full day in the beautiful Tuscan countryside as you visit Pisa and Lucca.
In Pisa you will enjoy a guided walking tour of the Piazza dei Miracoli including the exteriors of the Leaning Tower and the Baptistery and the interior of the Cathedral.
After traveling to Lucca take a pleasant walk to experience this historical town. You will get to see the Anfiteatro Square, the Guinigi Tower and San Martino Dome. End your tour with a stop at a farm house to taste the wine and oil of this region.
Before You Book
- Do I need a visa or any other documents? Please review the requirements about which documents you need before you travel.
- Should I purchase travel protection? You can purchase our travel protection coverage with your deposit or final payment. It may not be purchased before then.
- What's the fine print? Read the terms & conditions for this package.
- I'm traveling solo. Can you help me find a roommate? Unfortunately, we can't pair you with a roommate on this package.
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 21 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at the time of travel.
- What should I know about Italy? Check out our country guide for travel tips, the best time to go, blog posts, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
Before You GoPrepare for
Find everything you need to know before you go, including how to pay your balance due, and information about passport & visa requirements, flights, packing & luggage, and more.