Applicable to bookings made prior to June 1, 2011.
For bookings made on or after June 1, 2011, a different policy applies.
We strongly encourage all of our customers to protect their travel investment from unexpected circumstances. To emphasize our commitment to this philosophy, we will include insurance coverage to all customers who purchase a cruise of 5 nights or longer*!
This insurance coverage provides protection for cancellation due to covered reasons, trip interruption, Emergency Medical expenses, Baggage loss and much more. This program also offers you the ability to UPGRADE your coverage for an additional $29 per person**. In addition to the coverages listed above, the upgraded policy provides coverage for pre-existing conditions, baggage delay, accidental death and much more. A side-by-side comparison of both policies is shown below. Both of these policies are offered through Access America.
* - If your cruise is less than 5 nights, you may purchase the standard insurance policy (described above) for $29 per person,or the upgraded policy for $58 per person.
Note: If you make your reservation for a 4 night or less cruise online, and decline the optional insurance upgrade; you have not purchased any insurance coverage. To purchase the standard policy, you must either call or email your request to Friendly Planet Travel.
** - The optional upgrade must be purchased no more than 14 days after the cruise was initially booked and no less than 90 days prior to the sailing date.
Note: The optional upgrade is not available for cruises booked less than 90 days prior to travel
Note: Coverage shown below is only for the Independent Cruises. If you purchased Build-Your-Own Flights, Hotel stays, and/or Car Rentals, the coverage is slightly different.
|ACCESS AMERICA CRUISE PROTECTION PLAN for Clients of Friendly Planet Travel|
|Coverage and Benefits||Standard Cruise Protection Plan (Product ID# 001002660)||Optional Upgrade Cruise Protection Plan (Product ID# 001002662)|
|Payment of Premium (for cruises 5-nights or more)||No charge to you for the Standard Plan. Friendly Planet pays the premium.||You may upgrade your insurance plan for $29 per person. Friendly Planet pays the balance of the premium.|
|Trip Cancellation Benefits (for each insured passenger)||Insurance plan pays 100% of the cruise line penalty charges (up to the full cost of the cruise with a maximum of $10,000 per person) if the client cancels for a covered reason (e.g., serious illness or injury, death in family, etc.||Same as the Standard Plan.|
|Trip Interruption Benefits (for each insured passenger)||Insurance plan reimburses client (up to the full cost of the cruise with a maximum of $10,000 per person) if the client has to leave the cruise early for a covered reason (e.g., serious illness or injury, death in family, etc.).||Same as the Standard Plan.|
|Travel Delay Benefits||N/A||Reimburses up to $150 per person per day ($500 per person maximum per cruise) for accommodations if departure is delayed more than 6 hours for a covered reason.|
|Missed Connection||N/A||Reimburses up to $500 per person travel expenses to "catch-up" to the cruise if departure is missed due to an airline delay due to bad weather or accident en route to the pier.|
|Emergency Medical / Dental Expense Benefits (for each insured passenger)||Subject to a $50 deductible, reimburses up to $5,000 emergency medical expenses and dental expenses. ($500 limit for emergency dental).||Same as the Standard Plan except the maximum reimbursement for emergency medical expenses increases to $15,000 (instead of $5,000).|
|Emergency Medical Transportation (for each insured passenger)||Reimburses up to $10,000 if an insured passenger needs to be transported to a hospital (or home) for medical reasons during the cruise.||Same as the Standard Plan except the maximum reimbursement increases to $100,000 (instead of $10,000).|
|Travel Accident Benefits||N/A||Insurance plan pays $25,000 if insured passenger dies accidentally during cruise.|
|Baggage Loss / Damage||Reimburses up to $1,000 per person if baggage is lost or damaged. Maximum is $500 for certain items (e.g., jewelry, furs, etc).||Same as the Standard Plan.|
|Baggage Delay||N/A||Reimburses up to $200 per person for necessary items if baggage is delayed more than 24 hours.|
|Travel Assistance Services (Medical and Legal Referrals, etc)||Access America provides 24-hour worldwide assistance.||Same as the Standard Plan.|
|Pre-existing Condition Exclusion (for Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Medical Expense coverage, and Emergency Medical Transportation coverage)||Standard Exclusion: No reimbursement of medical expenses or benefits for cancellation or interruption of cruise if due to a medical condition for which the ill, injured or deceased passenger, traveling companion or family member sought medical attention or was symptomatic within the 120 days prior to the cruise line's Final Payment date.||Pre-Existing Conditions Waiver: All coverage applies so long as the passenger was medically able to travel as of the cruise line's Final Payment Date and meets all other criteria for the waiver*.|
|Standard Certificate||Upgrade Certificate|
The comparison above is a brief overview of the highlights of both policies. It is not intended to be a comprehensive, fully inclusive description of the policies. If you have questions about a specific personal situation, please contact Access America: 1-800-586-8460
- All clients in the same reservation (stateroom) must take the same level of insurance coverage.
- Client may change his / her coverage election up to 14 days after the cruise is booked, provided that no change may be initiated less than 90 days prior to the scheduled cruise departure date.
- Residents of countries other than the United States should verify that the insurance policy(ies) are applicable to them prior to purchasing coverage.
- This plan may not be available in all jurisdictions.
* Criteria for pre-existing conditions waiver are:
- The upgraded coverage was purchased on or before your final cruise payment
- You were medically able to travel on the date that the coverage was purchased
- You have not filed an insurance claim for the cancellation of any trip due to any pre-existing illness/condition within four months (120 days) preceding the purchase of this coverage.
- Your total cruise cost is $10,000 per person or less
- Pre-existing condition coverage is not applicable to non-US residents.
- Please be advised: This optional coverage may duplicate coverage already provided by your personal auto insurance policy, homeowner's insurance policy, personal liability insurance policy or other source of coverage. This insurance is not required in connection with the Insured's purchase of travel tickets.
- California Residents: If you are purchasing a plan that includes Emergency Medical and Dental Benefits, please note the following: This plan contains disability insurance benefits or health insurance benefits, or both, that only apply during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that already provides you with these benefits. You should review your existing policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer or health plan. We are doing business in California as WASC Insurance Agency. CA License # is 0B01400.
- Florida residents: The benefits of the Policy providing your coverage are governed primarily by the law of a state other than Florida.
- Plan may not be available in all jurisdictions.