Fast Facts: Poland

Below are some of the most common questions from our travelers.

Do I need a passport? What is required for entry?

U.S. citizens must have a passport, which should contain at least 2 blank pages and be valid for at least six months after your return date. Passports expiring before then should be renewed as soon as possible.

Many countries also require a travel visa for entry. Some countries issue visas upon arrival, but in most cases, you need to obtain visas prior to travel. Airlines and cruises may deny boarding and your tour may be disrupted if your visa is not in order.

For U.S. citizens booked on a tour or package with Scheduled Dates, we will send you complete visa instructions and application forms after you book.

If you hold a passport from another country, or are not booked on a tour with Scheduled Dates, you are responsible for obtaining your own visa and meeting all entry requirements. If a visa is required, we recommend using a fee-based visa service, such as our preferred provider VisaHQ.

What is the weather like?

The best time to visit is May-September. Summer days can be hot, but take a sweater for evenings. Winters are wet, cold, dreary and not a great time to visit unless you're interested in skiing (December-April). In May and June, the fields are overrun by wildflowers: poppies, cornflowers and daisies. October is also a good time to go, because the weather is mild and there are no crowds.

Check out the current weather conditions in Poland.

Are there any health precautions I should take?

There are no health requirements or precautions.

Center for Disease Control
World Health Organization

What is the currency?

The currency in Poland is the Polish Zloty. Please review the current exchange rate for the Polish Zloty.

Are tips & service charges customary?

Tip 10% in cabs, restaurants and bars if the tip is not already included in the bill. Tip luggage handlers 5 Zl per bag.

What are the best items to shop for?

In Poland, shop for local arts and crafts including dolls, peasant rugs, embroidery, lace, glass and crystal, wood carvings, amber (only if you know what to look for), chessboards, woven items, wooden plates, silver, wooden eggs, religious paraphernalia, native costumes, and antiques since 1945 (anything before cannot be exported).

What are the voltage requirements?

230 volts. Plugs C & E. You will need a voltage converter and plug adapter in order to use U.S. appliances. We recommend getting a universal adapter and converter kit. View more information about electrical standards around the world.

Can I take my cell phone?

See our blog post on using your cell phone abroad.

Tours & Packages Our specialty for 30 years! Find one now:
choose a region Europe Mediterranean Asia Middle East Africa Central America Caribbean South America South Pacific