Fast Facts: Finland

What is the weather like in Finland?

May though September is the best time to travel to Finland, with temps ranging from 59 F to 68 F, and many festivals occur. Finland's weather can be very harsh during the winter and late fall, early spring. Snow falls October through April. Take warm clothing for cool nights. For the current forecast in Finland, click here.

What is required for entry to Finland?

U.S. and Canadian citizens need a valid passport to enter Finland.

Are there any health precautions I should take?

There are no health precautions or vaccination requirements for travelers.

CDC Website link:
WHO website link:

What is the currency in Finland?

The currency in Finland is the euro. One American dollar is equal to approximately .81 euro. For updated information on the euro's exchange rates, click here.

Tipping: It is appreciated but not expected. Tip 5%-10%, depending on the quality of service. Tip a couple of euros to bellhops, sauna attendants, hat checkers and door attendants.

What are the best items to shop for in Finland?

In Finland, shop for ryijy rugs and tapestries, Rauma lace, Sami hats, candles, Kalevala brooches, fabrics, Iittala crystal, Arabia china, Pentik ceramics, Nuutajarvi glassware, Finnish vodka (koskenkorva), functionalist furniture, jewelry, and local clothes.

What are the voltage requirements in Finland?

Voltage: 230 V; Plugs C & F. You will need a voltage converter, and plug adapter in order to use U.S. appliances. We recommend getting a universal adapter and converter kit. Click here for more information about electrical standards around the world.

Tours & Packages Our specialty for 30 years! Find one now:
choose a region Europe Mediterranean Asia Middle East Africa Central America Caribbean South America South Pacific