Fast Facts: Fiji

What is the weather like in Fiji?

Fiji's summer occurs December thru March. June thru October happen to be the driest months. Average year-round temperatures are in the 70's and 80's with warm nights. Take along a light sweater for cooler nights.

Click here for the current forecast in Fiji.

What is required for entry to Fiji?

U.S. and Canadian citizens are required to have a valid passport, proof of onward passage, and sufficient funds to enter Fiji.

Are there any health precautions I should take?

Fiji is free of most tropical diseases including Malaria. Take mosquito repellant regardless, and lots of sunblock.

Center for Disease Control:
World Health Organization:

What is the currency?

The currency in Fiji is the Fijian dollar. One American dollar is worth approximately 1.80 dollars in Fiji. No tipping is required. Click here for updated currency information.

What are the best items to shop for in Fiji?

In Fiji, shop for local goods such as pottery, tapa (bark) cloth, coral, wood carvings, silver jewelry, grass skirts, and local music. Also shop for cameras, perfumes, and watches that are duty-free. Avoid turtle-shell or whalebone products as they will be confiscated by customs.

What are the voltage requirements in Fiji?

Voltage: 240 V; plug I. You will need a voltage converter, and plug adapter in order to use U.S. appliances. We recommend getting a universal adapter and converter kit. Click here for more information about electrical standards around the world.

Tours & Packages Our specialty for 30 years! Find one now:
choose a region Europe Mediterranean Asia Middle East Africa Central America Caribbean South America South Pacific