Fast Facts: Denmark

Below are some of the most common questions from our travelers.

Do I need a passport? What is required for entry?

U.S. citizens must have a passport, which should contain at least 2 blank pages and be valid for at least six months after your return date. Passports expiring before then should be renewed as soon as possible.

Many countries also require a travel visa for entry. Some countries issue visas upon arrival, but in most cases, you need to obtain visas prior to travel. Airlines and cruises may deny boarding and your tour may be disrupted if your visa is not in order.

For U.S. citizens booked on a tour or package with Scheduled Dates, we will send you complete visa instructions and application forms after you book.

If you hold a passport from another country, or are not booked on a tour with Scheduled Dates, you are responsible for obtaining your own visa and meeting all entry requirements. If a visa is required, we recommend using a fee-based visa service, such as our preferred provider VisaHQ.

What is the weather like?

May through late September is the best time to visit Denmark. Denmark can be very windy since it is a coastal country. Winters are long, dreary and cold. Take a sweater for cool nights.

Check out the current weather conditions in Denmark.

Are there any health precautions I should take?

There are no vaccination requirements for any international traveller.

Center for Disease Control
World Health Organization

What is the currency?

In Denmark, the currency is the krone. Please review the curretn exchange rate for the krone.

Are tips & service charges customary?

A 15% service charge is normally included in the bill in restaurants. No additional tipping is necessary. Cab drivers do not expect tips.

What are the best items to shop for?

In Denmark, shop for crystal and glass, porcelain, silver products, furniture, antiques, jewelry, flatware made of stainless steel, cheese, amber, and sweaters.

What are the voltage requirements?

230 volts. Plugs C & K. You will need a voltage converter and plug adapter in order to use U.S. appliances. We recommend getting a universal adapter and converter kit. View more information about electrical standards around the world.

Can I take my cell phone?

See our blog post on using your cell phone abroad.

Tours & Packages Our specialty for 30 years! Find one now:
choose a region Europe Mediterranean Asia Middle East Africa Central America Caribbean South America South Pacific