Fast Facts: Czech Republic

Below are some of the most common questions from our travelers.

Do I need a passport? What is required for entry?

U.S. citizens must have a passport which is valid for at least 90 days after your return date, though we strongly recommend at least six months.

U.S. passport holders do not need a visa to enter the Czech Republic for stays up to 90 days. See the U.S. Dept. of State website for more information.

Booked on one of our packages with Scheduled Dates? If you do not hold a U.S. passport, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary visas and meeting all entry requirements. If a visa is required, we recommend using a fee-based visa service, such as our preferred provider VisaHQ.

More information about passports & visas.

What is the weather like?

The months of May thru September have the best weather. Days are warm and nights are cool, so be sure to take a sweater, possibly even an umbrella if you are traveling in the spring.

Check out the current weather conditions in the Czech Republic.

What is required for entry?

U.S. citizens and Canadian citizens need only a valid passport, and proof of sufficient funds to travel to the Czech Republic.

Are there any health precautions I should take?

No vaccinations are needed. No health precautions are listed for Czech Republic.

Center for Disease Control
World Health Organization

What is the currency?

The currency in the Czech Republic is the Czech Crown (CZK. Please review the current exchange rate for the Czech Crown.

Are tips & service charges customary?

In restaurants, round up the bill to the nearest Euro. Tip 10% for larger bills. To tip waiters, you will need to state the total amount you wish them to keep including the meal when you hand over the cash.

What are the best items to shop for?

Czech is famous for its crystal fine art, hand-knit shawls, wooden toys, garnets, handmade tablecloths and puppets, painted eggs, caviar, china, antiques, peasant frocks, and music.

What are the voltage requirements?

230 volts. Plug E. You will need a voltage converter and plug adapter in order to use U.S. appliances. We recommend getting a universal adapter and converter kit. View more information about electrical standards around the world.

Can I take my cell phone?

See our blog post on using your cell phone abroad.