Fast Facts: Belgium

What is the weather like in Belgium?

The weather in Belgium is the nicest mid-May through late September. Temps run in the 70's-80's, and nights are in the 50's – 60's. Take a sweater and umbrella any time of the year. For avoiding the crowds, try May or September. For the current forecast in Belgium, click here.

What is needed for entry into Belgium?

U.S. and Canadian citizens need only a valid passport to travel to Belgium.

Are there any health precautions I should take?

No vaccination requirements for any international traveler. No health precautions.

CDC Website link:
WHO website link:

What is the currency in Belgium?

In Belgium, the currency is the euro. One American dollar equals approximately .81 euro. For updated info on currency exchange on the euro, click here.

Tipping: Service charges are included in most bills, so tipping is not necessary, however, round up the bill or leave an extra tip if you've received exceptional service. Tip washroom attendants 0.25-0.50 euros.

What are the best items to shop for in Belgium?

Items unique to Belgium that you might want to shop for are diamonds, chocolates, ceramics, lace, crystal, linen, antique tapestries, wooden toys, copperware and pewter.

What are the voltage requirements in Belgium?

Voltage: 230 V; Plug E. You will need a voltage converter, and plug adapter in order to use U.S. appliances. We recommend getting a universal adapter and converter kit. Click here for more information about electrical standards around the world.

Tours & Packages Our specialty for 30 years! Find one now:
choose a region Europe Mediterranean Asia Middle East Africa Central America Caribbean South America South Pacific