Travel is better with friends. Expand your horizons on upscale journeys around the world at amazing value for money. Experience meaningful cultural encounters with carefully-crafted itineraries that include the most popular and fascinating sites. Enjoy the comfort of great hotels, the convenience of included airfare, plus many extras you won't find elsewhere. All delivered with the same warm, caring personal attention we've offered for 35 years. It's what we do for our friends...because we look forward to seeing them again.
Choose your travel style
Small Group Tours
Enjoy expertly crafted itineraries and guided touring with like-minded travelers.
More great escorted tour packages. Slightly larger groups, even better deals.
Explore at your own pace and save with included flights & hotels.
- Family Friendly
- History & Culture
- Nature & Wildlife
- River Cruises
- Small Ship Cruises
We just returned from Friendly Planet's "Taste of China" tour and we are two incredibly satisfied travelers-it was fabulous. Although we've been fortunate enough to travel pretty extensively in our lives, this was our first experience with Friendly Planet and our first trip to Asia. We've barely been back in the states for 48 hours and we've already converted our families into Friendly Planet fans via our "Taste of China" travel tales. We must tell you that National Guide, David Bai, runs an absolutely excellent tour. David is personable, exceptionably knowledgeable and is careful to keep things lighthearted and fun, all of the essential ingredients for magnificent group travel. He went above and beyond to ensure that we enjoyed a unique and memorable experience and for that, we are grateful. We're already thinking about returning for the "Best of China" tour and hope that David can be our guide. Local guides, Alan (Shanghai) and Susan (Xi'an) were wonderful as well, taking extra care to answer all of our questions and it was obvious that all three of our guides took extreme pride in introducing their country to us. The hotels were fantastic (particularly the Grand Mercure in Xi'an) and the food was delicious and plentiful - no one ever left hungry. Every restaurant that our guides took us to was great and almost all were filled with locals, so we really felt like we were experiencing the "inside scoop" as far as cuisine was concerned. We feel as though we received amazing value for our money and returned home with a deeper appreciation for travel, a greater understanding of another culture and new friends halfway around the world. What more could you ask for?
Nicole Zuchelli and Zack Graham, Los Angeles, CA
A Taste of China
Accommodations were better quality than other tour companies I've traveled with in the past and your price was a far better value. You also include more meals... Great customer service.
A Taste of China
Featured tours & packages
Why travel with us?
- Easy: Let us do the work! We bundle everything together, including flights, hotels, and most taxes and fees into one simple price. Pay a deposit to reserve your spot and pay the rest later.
- Great value: We negotiate special wholesale rates and volume purchases, at prices far better than you could get on your own. Carefully compare our prices and inclusions—you won't find packages that include so much for so little.
- Legendary service: Call us to experience it! We're passionate about travel, and we love helping you put together a journey you'll remember for a lifetime.
- Thoughtful itineraries: We've spent years crafting and refining tour itineraries full of the must-see sites, but at a comfortable pace. We also include unique cultural and off-the-beaten-path experiences you won't find on other tours.
- Great guides: On our tours, enjoy talented English-speaking guides who will make each destination come alive, often adding unexpected adventures. And our local tour managers are there to answer all your questions.
- Freedom to roam: Our tour itineraries always include time to explore on your own. Customize your trip with optional activities and excursions at fair prices.